Getting ready for the trek!!

Hello everyone,

I recently had the pleasure of traveling to Florida to visit my family and help celebrate Debbie's 41st birthday. Debbie and I had a great visit and we are both very excited about my upcoming trek to Nepal which will happen in just a few weeks. I will be posting audio podcasts while on the trek, a brand-new endeavor for me. Again, thanks to Jon Miller of The Rest of Everest for lending me his satellite phone! By way of my audio additions to the blog, you will hear regular updates as I trek through the Himalayas! I hope you'll check the blog and listen along. I'm also hoping you won't hear any sounds of altitude sickness in my voice!! Of course I'll call Debbie when I arrive at Mount Everest Base Camp so we can celebrate together. Thanks so much for your generous donations and following my blog. Please check sincityhiker for more training photos. I fly out on Halloween to head for Kathmandu and will begin the trekking portion from Lukla, Nepal, on November 4th. (Don't worry, we have early voting here in Las Vegas.)
Livestrong!! JG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, This is a great endeavour and such a brilliant cause! I am the Affiliate leader of Team Survivor las Vegas and I just heard you are joining us on our first hike at Red Rock tomorrow! I look forward to meeting you and hearing about your Nepal plans. I trekked the Annapurna Loop 15 years ago and have been seriously thinking about returning for the past year and a half...I wish, I wish, I wish, I were packing my bags and joining you on the 31st!

You're gonna love it!

Terry
las vegas (at) team survivor (dot) org

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jill. We have had the pleasure of knowing Debbie as a client for the past 8 years and we consider her more then a client. I only wish I has 1/10 of the zest and energy Debbie does. You are doing a wonderful thing. Keep em trekkkkking!!! Kevin/Barbara/Cassie O'Connor