Training...

Hello everybody. Thanks so much for your continued support! I'm training hard for my upcoming trek and recently traveled to Colorado for some altitude training. While there, I spent 4 days living at and hiking above 10,000 feet and summited my first 14er, Handies Peak!! The summit of Handies peak is 14,048 feet and is located near Silverton, CO.

The Grouse Gulch trail for Handies Peak is a long hike (almost 11 miles) with almost 4000 vertical feet elevation gain. It was tough, but near the top, while feeling like I couldn't make it and a bit altitude sick, I thought about Debbie and her battle. I figured if she could do what she is doing, I could certainly climb a little mountain. The black clouds and thunder were rolling in fast, afterall, it is the monsoon season in CO. I pressed on and somehow found the top. Thanks Debbie, for the inspiration I needed to get there!



Next time, I'll do my hair before taking a picture of myself at the top!



View from Handies Peak--Yikes, here comes the storm!! Not the place you want to be when the lightning starts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You rock!